Friday, October 31, 2008

Wrong Place -- Wrong Time

Some of you will have seen the devastating news about the bombs in our city (Guwahati) yesterday. If you haven't (and want to) you can find the details at

http://prafulkr.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/blast-in-guwahati/ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7699105.stm

It all seems quiet in the city today. But we would not know if it were not. Yesterday, Ellen and Becky were at home and didn't know anything had happened until I got back from teaching at Kalapani.

In the morning I had parked the car right were the Ganeshgiri (where we do most of our shopping) explosion blew things apart. I left Autumn & Andrew in the car and took a computer to a shop 50 metres away. If we had been an hour later we might all be goners. I am wondering if the computer is no more ... doesn't matter. I hope that the brothers at the computer shop are OK. They are so helpful and friendly.

Wrong place -- wrong time. I don't even know if that makes any sense. But I do know what does make sense: A & A in the right place -- at home!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thanking God this morning that you are all okay. Praying for your safety.

Love,
Carolyn Brednich

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

can't even imagine what a scary experience that would be. SO thankful everyone is ok! Is there a 'next step' or are things quiet in the city now?
I know everyone is praying for you guys - but please stay safe over there!

DayDreamBeliever said...

Oh my! Thank God that you are alright. Take care.