Sunday, November 20, 2005

HOW TRUE

HOW TRUE
Today’s “Daily Bread” inspiration is written by David McCasland.

A story in our local newspaper reported that a $1.73 billion highway and mass transit project in Denver, Colorado, was nearing completion on schedule and within the budget. But the story was not on the front page. In face, it was tucked into a sidebar of brief summaries in small type on page 3 of the local news section. If the project had been plagued by fraud, delays, and cost overruns, no doubt it would have been headline news.

He then goes on to urge us not to try to “make news”, but to “aspire to life a quiet life, to mind our own business, and to work with our hands” (1 Thessalonians 4:11).

How true! And, I am sure you have noticed how long it takes to establish a credible reputation and how suddenly it can be forfeited. Secondly, you have also likely noticed how eager human beings are to initiate that (almost) irreversible event. I almost called it a “process”! Accusations, allegations, gossip …. And thirdly, have you noticed how much greater the temptation is to defame than it is to build up Of course, any dummy can tear down, but takes a craftsman to construct.

1 comment:

Jerusha said...

Hello! You have no idea how much I've enjoyed your blog. I came across harmony's livejournal and followed the path from there, to her blog, to here. I've spent the last hour reading everything you've put up here and I have enjoyed every single post immensely. Like I've already mentioned in harmony's blog, I'm a Mizo, working in Hyderabad now. I'm used to being away from home, but I still miss it every single day. And I spend countless hours looking up stuffs, pictures, anything I can find about home on the net. But nothing beats the pictures and posts your family has put up, all the beautiful stuffs you've written about the place and the people..it means a lot to me. And I am deeply touched by it all..gave me goosebumps while reading in fact :).
And please keep on updating. And I wish your family the best.
God bless!