Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Daughter-in-laws

An aged sage once advised me, "you can choose your friends, but you must accept their relatives." How true this is when it comes to the "in-laws"! Three times this summer I have been informed by "sons" that their mothers were hard on their daughter-in-laws. That does turn life into a challenge!


However, my experience has just been the opposite. My observation is that my mother (Marie McMillan) has enjoyed a very amicable relationship with all four of her daughter-in-laws: Carolyn, Heather, Kay, Ellen. (I guess the sons chose well!)
Ellen and I have certainly been bless with special daughter-in-laws: Deista, Rebecca, Tara. (I guess Ellen and I taught our sons to choose well!)
So, those of you who are still in the process of choosing ... choose well so that there will be no "in-law" regrets. Something worth considering.

No comments: